We are a week away from our first Renovation Tour of the year on Saturday February 23rd, 2013 from 10am – 4pm in the fabulous community of Kelvin Grove! We are extremely excited about opening this project to the public and very grateful to our amazing Client family for the opportunity to do so!
Click here for the official invitation complete with the address for this upcoming tour: Reno Tour Invite
Here are some more specifics about this incredible project:
Pride of ownership has always been important to these Homeowners. Although they invested considerable effort in maintaining their beautiful family home throughout the years, it had become increasingly apparent that they needed to increase the square footage of the home to accommodate the needs of their growing family of 3 sons. They had a desire to redefine the space to support the changing needs of their family for years to come and truly make it feel like home. Every design choice in this 3200 sq. ft. home was crafted to perfectly compliment this Client family.
- Increase the square footage and reconfigure traffic lines.
- Create an open-concept Kitchen and Great Room.
- Modify the floor plan to include a larger scale Master Bedroom & Ensuite.
- Design an expansive laundry room and mud room.
- Bring aged home up to current code.
- Incorporate a design style featuring contemporary finishes.
- Determine design choices that reflect the Client’s desire to maximize their ROL (Return on Lifestyle); creating spaces that allow the family to flourish for many years to come and ensures their home is their favourite place to be.
How Was The Criteria Met?
- Five level split, located in the exquisite community of Kelvin Grove, was gutted to the studs both on the interior and exterior, to accommodate the magnificent new Master Bedroom and Ensuite on the expanded fifth floor.
- The single car garage was maintained at the request of the Client but the traffic lines were reconfigured, allowing for increased main floor living space. This includes a spectacular open-concept Kitchen connected to the Great Room and a much larger laundry room and mud room.
- The home has been brought up to current code which included the installation of larger windows, spray foam insulation, an updated HVAC system, a new electric hot water tank, new water lines, upgraded electrical services from 100amp to 200 amp and all new smart and audio wiring.
- Spectacular contemporary finishes are throughout the home including glass walls and countertops.
- Return On Lifestyle achieved!